Missouri Student Essay Award (MO-SEA)
2019 MO-ACHE Student Essay Award (M-SEA) Guidelines
The MO-ACHE Student Essay Award (M-SEA) is a $1,000.00 cash award and recognition of original essays that stimulate current thinking for healthcare leaders, generate high quality publications for MO-ACHE Chapter News, and develop professionalism in students enrolled in an American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE) Missouri Higher Education Network (HEN) program as listed on the ACHE website. http://www.ache.org/highereducationnetwork/hendirectory.cfm
Project: The essay is to be an original composition on a topic to be chosen by the entrant. The essay should be of length between 800-1,100 words in Microsoft Word using a Times New Roman 12 font and 1 inch borders. Pages should be numbered. Footnotes may be provided in an appendix. Essays must be the work of one individual. Upon examination, any essay containing plagiarized material will be disqualified. The centered heading should give the following information:
- MO-ACHE Student Essay Award
- Title of the essay
- HEN Program in which student is enrolled and expected graduation date
- Student name including prefixes and suffixes
- Student contact information
- Date of the essay composition
The essay should be submitted via the following online form link: MO-ACHE Student Essay Award Submission Form If you have technical difficulties accessing the online form, or questions regarding the form, please contact Jim Andrews via email at email@example.com or by phone at 314-416-2245 with the subject line: M-SEA Entry. Confirmation of entry receipt will be provided via reply e-mail.
Scoring: Final evaluation will be based on a preference for original thinking based on an understanding of health care management that is presented with a high quality of writing in order to make a contribution to the literature of the field of health care management.
Rights: MO-ACHE reserves the right to use submitted essays in its newsletter Chapter News
Eligibility: Participation in the M-SEA project is open to ACHE affiliate students enrolled in any Missouri ACHE HEN program. Missouri residency is not a requirement.
October 14, 2019 – 11:59 pm – Deadline for submission of essays to MO-ACHE
October 18, 2019 – Deadline for each HEN school to pick one representative essay
October 21-22, 2019 – M-SEA Review Committee blindly selects the essay winner $1,000
M-SEA awardee and notifies awardee and HEN programs of final results
November 8, 2019 – Recognition of award recipient at the ACHE breakfast during Missouri Hospital Association (MHA) Annual Convention and Trade Show
- Financial award of $1,000.00 to one recipient
- Award recipient gets 1-night lodging 11/1/2017 and paid mileage to Tan-Tar-A
- Award recipient gets paid guest attendance at 11/1/2017 MHA evening social event
- Award recipient is guest of honor at ACHE breakfast on 11/2/2017
- Awarded essay receives highlighted publication in MO-ACHE Chapter News
- Award recipient is featured in press releases
- Award recipient is invited to join MO-ACHE Communications Committee
- 2 ACHE Recognition Program Volunteer Service Award points are earned by all contributors of essays 800 words or more in length that are published in an ACHE Chapter newsletter.
- All contributors of M-SEA essays will receive commendation from MO-ACHE.
Past Essay Winners
- Who do you admire and why – Jasmine Q MCGee
- The Role of Human Error in Transvaginal Ultrasound Probe Contamination – Brooke M. Clark
- We’re Asking the Wrong Question – Andrew K. Schuette
- Getting to Zero: A New Look at Denials Management and Deductible Collections – Kwamane D. Liddell, JD, BSN
- Improving Care and Social Program Solvency by Waiving the 24-Month Medicare Waiting Period for Major Trauma Patients – Andrew Francis Oberle, Jr.
Want to take your career to the next level?
Sign Up for E-mail updates
Click on the button above to provide us with your contact information so that you can get the most up-to-date information.Sign Up