- This event has passed.
April 22, 2021 @ 7:30 am - 9:00 am
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
The communities for which healthcare organizations operate are rapidly diversifying. Not only do they provide care for a diverse community of patients and families, but their workforce is also changing, and at times does not reflect the patient community. This diversity is exhibited in a number of ways, including ethnicity, race, religion, socioeconomic status, language, age, sexual orientation/gender identity, and physical ability.
The business implications and imperatives healthcare organizations face concerning diversity, equity, and inclusion are immense. Diverse communities often require different care needs, improved quality, new or modified operational processes and services, and strategic planning for a varied patient demographic. The continuum of care will need to be considered to best meet the needs of these communities.
It is incumbent on healthcare organizations and their leaders to both understand and embrace the needs of diverse populations. Leader’s abilities to respond to the needs and preferences of a broader customer base will be critical to their financial and operational success.
Angela Cody, CDE, Director, Inclusion, and Diversity, Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals
- Kendra Holmes, Pharm. D., CHCEF, Senior Vice President, Chief Operating Officer, Affinia Healthcare
- Mina Kini, MSW, MS., System Director – Diversity & Inclusion, SSM Health
- Danielle R. McPherson, DBA, Director of Managed Care Contracting & Payor Relations, Diversity Officer – Health Disparities Council, Mercy
- Greta Todd, Executive Director of Diversity, Inclusion, & Community Affairs, St. Louis Children’s Hospital, BJC HealthCare St. Louis
*This program has been developed and is presented locally by the Missouri Chapter of the American College of Healthcare Executives. The American College of Healthcare Executives has awarded 1.5 ACHE Face-to-Face Education Credits to this program.
Angela Lappin, MBA, BSN, RN, CCM
Executive Director, Population Health Navigation, Mercy Virtual
Vice President of Business Development, Keystone Technologies
Mohammad Agha, MD, MHA
Medical Director of Care Coordination, SSM Health
Registration is a two-part process. Once you’ve registered to attend this program, you will receive a link to ACHE’s Learning Management System. Once you complete the steps you will receive confirmation emails from ACHE with your link to join the meeting.
– How to Register for a Virtual Face-to-Face Event – instructions can be found by clicking here.
– The link to join the meeting will be sent to the email address on your MyACHE profile.